Manchester City coach Pep Guardiola during the international break penned a new 2-year deal ahead of his team’s trip to London to face the inform Tottenham Hotspur. The Citizens were definitely expecting the announcement the contract extension of one of football's most coveted managers to provide a much needed boost after an indifferent start which has seen them lose 2-5 at home to Leicester City and settle for stiff 1-1 draws against newly promoted Leeds United and West Ham.
Any kind of interruption between matches is considered to be dreadful for the team managers and most of them fear the breaks, but the case for Man City is just the opposite. It is known that Pep Guardiola, who is currently the manager for the Blues will be standing at the gain side from the shut-down of September.
Manchester City has a total of nine players right now who are not involved in international games which can be advantageous for the Blues. It can also be considered as a blessing for them because preparations are going on for them to play a hectic schedule of seven games in just three weeks as the English season is sincerely is in progress.
Manchester City has marked an aggregate of 24 players while Pep Guardiola has been in control. Manchester United may be about to sign a Championship player but Manchester City has not been interested in that market under Pep Guardiola. Their preference for recruiting from other leagues predates the current manager; you have to go back to the purchase of Patrick Roberts from Fulham in 2015 for the last time the Blues bought from the second tier of English football, and the 2010 arrival of Adam Johnson from Middlesbrough for the last time they brought in a first-team player from the league.
Guardiola, though, has followed the trend. City has signed 24 players to date since 2016 and not one of them has come from the Championship, although John Stones, Kyle Walker, and Riyad Mahrez have all come from Premier League clubs. The only club that has signed more players from in Guardiola’s time in Spain. Claudio Bravo, Nolito, Geronimo Rulli, and Pablo Mari all arrived in 2016 (with the latter two immediately loaned back out), and Aymeric Laporte followed in January 2018.
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola is reportedly interested in Atletico Madrid’s defensive midfielder Rodrigo Hernandez according to media reports. Rodri, as he is popularly known, has become a key feature for Diego Simeone’s side as he embodies the tireless midfielder that the Argentine tactician relishes.
He has been able to replace club legend Gabi and it is believed that Pep Guardiola wants the player to replace Brazilian midfield enforcer Fernandinho. Fernandinho has proven to be arguably the most important player at the Etihad as he keeps the attacking unit together with his ability to win the ball and initiate attacks from deep.
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has said that he won’t use tiredness as an excuse ahead of the midweek league game against West Ham United at the Etihad Stadium. The Mancunian giants were pushed to their limits during the League Cup final last weekend after they managed to only beat Chelsea in a penalty shoot-out.
During that game, the likes of Aymeric Laporte and Fernandinho were brought off the field with injuries and it has now been confirmed that the duo will miss the Hammers game alongside John Stones, Gabriel Jesus and long-term absentee Eliaquim Mangala. Speaking in a press conference, Guardiola said that he won’t take excuses for tiredness from the existing players and he wants the commitment from the team as they seek to retain their league title.
Man City player pair Felix Nmecha and Eric Garcia has caught the eye of the team coach this season. However, the match that was held last Thursday did see them struggling in the field. They are now on the team and these are their debut matches.
Eric was hailed as the leader of the future for Manchester City last week while Felix has come in after being selected from the Academy of the club. Both were in their debut matches that the club played against Burton. Pep Guardiola felt that it was time to allow some of the young debutants to make an entry for the club. He has also included their names to be part of the team that would be in the semifinals of Carabao Cup.
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has stressed that his side are far off from touching the heights of Barcelona. The Catalan tactician is just games away from guiding the Citizens to their third Premier League title in six seasons, but insists they cannot be compared with Barcelona, until they attain the same amount of success as the Blaugrana.
Speaking ahead of the Champions League tie versus Basel, Guardiola said:"No. It's completely different players, the players in the past won a lot. We are nil, most of us. We are new here. Now we can say we have won one title but it is not comparing, so no.It's not good for us to be compared with that team. That team has dominated for the last decade, 15 or 20 years with different managers and different players.”